Global Software: Executive Moves - January - March 2016
- Kelly Barlow, Michael Cannon and Robert Sedgewick will not stand for re-election for the board of directors.
- Christopher North, UK managing director, resigns to join Shutterfly as CEO.
- Wendell P. Weeks, former CEO of Corning Inc., joins as director.
- Russ Grandinetti replaces Diego Piacentini as head of international business who is leaving the company for 2 years to be the head of Italian PMs digital technology officer.
- Odein Ajumogobia, the former minister of foreign affairs, joins Asseco Nigeria's board as chairman.
- Wlodzimierz Serwinski, the vice president responsible for commercial insurance software segment has resigned from his position as of the end of March 2016.
- Scott Ferguson, Rick Hill and Jeff Clarke appointed to the board.
- Rama Tiwari appointed regional director of sales in ASEAN.
- Chris Lee appointed country manager of Singapore, Malaysia and Brunei.
- Dan Streetman appointed SVP, worldwide strategic sales and operations. He was previously SVP worldwide alliances and channels market at saleforce.com.
- Phil Harris, the chief technology officer, resigns to join Riverbed Technology as SVP and chief security officer.
- Kevin Parker, previously co-founder and senior operating principal at Bridge Growth Partners, appointed board chairman for the soon-to-be-formed company comprised of the Citrix 'GoTo' product line.
- Kirill Tatarinov, previously EVP, Microsoft business Solutions Divisions, named CEO and President.
- Simon Hayes, VP of Strategic Alliance, joins Puppet Labs as SVP for corporate development and business.
- Wolfgang Mayer, previously with Cisco Austria, appointed business director for Austria and Eastern Europe.
- Mark Templeton, former CEO, joins Adaptive Insights Inc.'s board.
- John F Barrett, director, announces retirement at the end of current term.
- Kathy Juve, previously global chief marketing officer of 24/7 Customer Inc., appointed SVP, global marketing and product development.
- Tom Gosner, chief strategy officer, resigns but will remain on the company's board of directors.
- Ken Moyle, chief policy officer and former chief legal officer, resigns.
- Catherine Courage, SVP customer experience, appointed to Insight Enterprises' board of directors.
- The search continues for a new company CEO after a prospective CEO revoked his candidacy from the job.
- Steven J. Towle to retire as EVP and Head of Financial Services.
- Kamal Othman, previously EMC's regional director, public sector for Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Libya and Turkey, appointed general manager for Saudi Arabia.
- Jeremy Butron, previously president for products and marketing, named chief marketing officer of the combined Dell-EMC organization.
- Srihari Palangala appointed director of marketing for India operations.
- Denis Cashman, previously CFO of EMC Information Infrastructure and chief accounting officer of EMC, appointed CFO.
- Zane C. Rowe, CFO, retires to join VMWare as CFO.
- Chad Sakac appointed president of VCE.
- Mary Lou Jespen, Executive Director of Engineering, joins Lear's board.
- Kirthiga Reddy, managing director of India, will be moving to US headquarters in the next 6-12 months.
- Andrew Keller, previously CEO of CP+B, appointed global creative director of Facebook Creative Shop.
- Andy Malpass, executive director, plans to retire.
- Paul Dex, previously managing director in financial product development at BNY Mellon, appointed business development manager EMEA.
- Ken Archer appointed chairman of remuneration committee and joins nominations committee.
- Robert Hau, previously chief financial officer and EVP of TE Connectivity, appointed CFO.
- Michael Laughlin, previously SVP of global services delivery, appointed president of Biller Solutions business.
- Sachin Bansal, co-founder and CEO, steps down to become executive chairman.
- Binny Bansal, co-founder and chief operating officer, is named the new CEO.
- Manish Maheshwari, vice president and head seller ecosystem, resigned to join Web18, internet and mobile arm of Network18 as CEO.
- Mukesh Bansal, head of commerce and advertising, and Ankit Nagori, chief business officer, resign to start their own ventures. Ankit also joined Picsdream's board of directors.
- Vincent Zeebregts named country manager for the Netherlands.
- Zacky Vaz appointed channel manager for Oman, Qatar and UAE.
- Amit Singhal, SVP for Search, announces retirement and John Giannandrea named successor.
- Clay Bavor appointed first head of virtual reality.
- Chris Poole joins the streams, photos, and sharing unit.
- Amit Singhal, vice president of engineering, resigns.
- Alvaro Merino, previously managing director for Columbia, named managing director Peru.
- Eric CW Yeo, previously ASEAN general manager for digital sales, appointed country general manager for Vietnam.
- Mark Fields, CEO of Ford Motor Company, joins the board.
- Anil Chakravarthy appointed CEO.
- Dan Wernikoff, former EVP and general manager of the small business group, named general manager of consumer tax group, succeeded by Sasan Goodarzi.
- Steve Schuckenbrock, CEO of Crossmark, named non-executive director. He is CEO of Crossmark.
- Stephen Mudroch, previously COO, named CEO.
- Sarkhan Goshimov, previously head of Azerhaijan branch for SAP, appointed CEO of Azerbaijan branch.
- Konstantin Nazarov, former director of strategic development of Czech Republic, appointed head of Kazakhstan branch, replacing Aleksey Reshtenko.
- Alfred Koh, previously CEO of Samsung SDS, named country chief for Korea.
- Caroline Phillips named as Director DX (Developer Experience & Entrepreneurship) of Microsoft Netherlands, replacing Marcel Trimmer.
- Rob Binns, previously head of treasury and investor relations of HP, appointed CFO.
- Ken Siegel, former VP, general counsel and secretary at Cyan, appointed chief legal officer.
- Bob Schassler, previously EVP and general manager at Motorola, appointed EVP and general manager of mobile division.
- David Schechter and Brett Icahn resign from the board.
- Subbu Iyer, previously SVP of global product marketing at EMC,appointed chief marketing officer.
- Nagendra Venkaswamy appointed VP for India and SAARC.
- Phil Harris, former chief technology officer at BMC Software, appointed SVP and chief security officer.
- Marc Scheipe appointed president of North American operations.
- Keith Block, previously president and vice chairman, appointed COO.
- Pavel Gontarev, previously deputy CEO of SAP CIS, appointed CEO, Russia and CIS.
- Rob Hetherington appointed as global head of financial services industries organization.
- Achim Schneider, former global VP supply chain and fashion team, appointed head of retail industry.
- Justin Somaini, former chief trust officer at Box, appointed chief security officer.
- Guillermo Brinkmann appointed general director for southern LatCa.
- Mihai Oros, previously with OMV Petrom, appointed general director for Romania.
- John Graham, previously head of global partner organization, SAP North America, appointed managing director for Canada.
- Stefan Ries and Steve Singh join executive board.
- Marcio Dobal appointed regional VP, Asia Pacific.
- Marcel Yemmine appointed general manager for Gulf and emerging markets.
- Randy Guard appointed chief marketing officer.
- Fritz Lehman assumes newly created role of chief customer officer.
- Geoff Belknap, previously Palantir's chief information security officer, becomes the company's first chief security officer.
- Keith Adams, former head of Facebook's AI Research, becomes the company's first chief architect.
- April Underwood promoted to VP of product.
- Tom Conrad, former chief technology officer and co-founder of Pandora, appointed vice president of product.
- Joanna Coles, former editor in chief of Cosmopolitan magazine, joins board of directors.
- Tom Calderone, previously president of VH1, appointed head of content partnerships.
- Kevin Goldsmith, VP of engineering, is leaving the company to be chief technology officer of Avvo.
- Keith Jopling joins Spotify's London office as global head, strategic intelligence. Previously, he was a consultant in the UK music business and led innovation and strategy modules for the Henley Business School MBA for the Music & Creative Industries.
- Gordon Gakovic appointed managing director for Australia and New Zealand operations.
- Francois Lefebvre takes over group's finance functions following Laurent Lemaire's departure as CFO.
- Ken Hao appointed independent director following a $500m strategic investment by Silver Lake.
- Martien Maerks, managing director of BeneLux, joins executive committee.
- Christophe Haugen, previously senior principal at Bain & Co., appointed EVP strategy and operations.
- Alister Dias, previously VP and managing director for EMC ANZ, appointed VP and managing director for Australia and New Zealand.
- Bernard Kwok appointed global vice president for Greater China.
- Jean-Phillipe Barleaza appointed VP, channel and alliances and general business, EMEA.
- Henri van der Vaeren appointed president for South Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Kerrie-Anne Turner, previously APAC vice president of StayinFront, named Australia head for channels and general business.
- Rajiv Ramaswami, former VP and general manager of the infrastructure and networking group of Broadcom, appointed general manager and EVP of networking and security.
- Martin Casado resigns to join venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz. He will be retained as external strategic advisor.
- Carl Eschenbach, president and COO, leaves to become Partner at Sequoia Capital.
- Mathew Kibby, former Oracle senior director, technology and sales, appointed regional director of Sub Saharan Africa.
- Maurizio Carli who previously led the Americas region, promoted to EVP, worldwide sales.
- Peter McKay who previously led the enterprise business, appointed leader of Americas field organization.
- Ray O'Farrell promoted to EVP and expanding his role as chief technology officer and chief development officer to include responsibility for global services and customer advocacy.
- Sanjay Poonen to lead worldwide marketing and communication in addition to current role of EVP and general manager for end user computing.
- Anthony J Bates and Donald J Carty join the board. Karen Dykstra joins the board.
- Diana McKenzie, previously SVP and CIO at Amgen, appointed CIO.
Executive moves were compiled from public data sources and websites. Please let us know if we have missed any moves. Some of the companies we cover may not have had any executive or board moves in a particular quarter.
Russell Reynolds Associates is a global leader in assessment, recruitment and succession planning for boards of directors, chief executive officers and key roles within the C-suite. With more than 370 consultants in 46 offices around the world, we work closely with public, private and nonprofit organizations across all industries and regions. Learn more about our technology practice.
If you have additional questions or inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter: @RRAonLeadership